Vendor Error: Vendor name is already in use, record could not be saved
If you are trying to add or update vendor information and a message displays that the vendor name is already in use and the record could not be saved, it is likely because there is an inactive vendor with the same name.
- Go to Vendors → Find Vendor
- Scroll to the bottom and mark the box to Show Inactive Vendors and click submit.
- Determine what to do:
If there is an inactive vendor, with the same name,
- If the vendor is the same as the one you are trying to add, reactivate the vendor and update the vendor's information.
- If the vendor has the same name but is not the same vendor, change the inactive vendor's name slightly, then add the new vendor.
- If the vendor has the same name as one that is inactive and you are trying to update the information, merge the two vendors and then make the updates. (For a short time the software allowed duplicate vendors. This third bullet is a result of that.)