How to close a payroll
- Before closing a payroll, make sure all information is correct.
- You may not create a new payroll until the prior payroll is closed.
- If you closed the prior payroll prematurely and need to add another employee, you must create a new payroll for just that employee. Use the same payroll dates.
- Or if you find a check is incorrect on a closed payroll and the check has not been distributed, you must void it and create a new payroll to generate the corrected check. (if the payroll has not been closed, you may generate the replacement check from within the same payroll).
- To close a payroll, go to Payroll Process and select the open payroll.
- Click the link for 9) Close Payroll.
- Click Submit.
- Once a payroll is closed, it shows the word (Closed) in the Payroll Process screen.