How to change the email from the ParishMail account to a different email account
Please note that effective February 28, 2019, ParishMail will no longer be supported and all accounts will be taken offline, which means that after that date you as an individual or your parish will not be able to use ParishMail for any email communication.
No doubt you have received the message that is displayed at the top of this article and now you would like to know how to switch your staff account to another email account so you can continue to send email to your parishioners through ParishSOFT Family Suite.
Changing to a different email account is quite simple.
- Have the church administrator update your staff record with the new email address. The instructions to do so are found here.
- Before you can send email through Family Suite, you may need to send your SMTP server settings to ParishSOFT Support so they can enter them into Family Suite. To find out if you do, please see this article.
- If your email account is through Gmail, and if you are not able to send emails once you have updated the account:
- Verify that the password used in the window is the same one used to sign into the email account.
- Make sure the email address is correct.
- Since the email address ends in @gmail.com go to https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/security?hl=en and make sure that these two options are marked as follows:
- Less Secure Apps is turned on
- 2-step verification is turned off.
- If none of these options helps, contact support.