How to move a family from another church and register them
If a family registered to another parish moves to your parish you can add them to your family list and registering them to your church. This will remove their registration from the original church.
To add a family:
- In the Family Directory Tab under Family List, select the Add a New Family Button.
- Enter the Last Name of the Family and any other information you have and click Search.
- The subsequent list will give the Family Name, Registered Organization, etc.
- If found, select the family you would like to move by clicking the radio button to the left of their name and then select the Move Selected Family button at the bottom. Choose As Registered from the drop-down menu. If the family is not found, you may add the family and the Registration Status checkbox marked before saving the record.
- You will get a pop-up message saying, Move the x family (#####) to currently selected organization your org, your city? Select OK.
This family will now be registered to your church. A copy of the family record will remain with the original church as non-registered.
- How to mark an existing family record as registered with your parish
- How to add an unregistered copy of a family record to your organization