How to separate the student's first and last names into their own columns after export
After exporting the student directory to a CSV file, if you need to separate the student names so that first and last names are in their own column, please follow the steps below.
Note: Although we provide an Excel formula below, ParishSOFT support does not support excel and if you have problems with your spreadsheet, please do not contact ParishSOFT support for help. The formulas are provided as a courtesy.
From the beginning
- Go into Religious Ed → Student Directory.
- Click CSV
- Open the file
- Insert two columns to the left of Column A
- Right-click on the column header (A) and select Insert.
- Do it again.
- Label the first new column "First Name" and the second new column, "Last Name."
- In Row 2 of the First Name column add this formula and drag it to the last row with data:
- In Row 2 of the Last Name column add this formula and drag it to the last row with data:
- Save your CSV file and use it however you wish.