How to add a convenience fee to donations given by parishioners
These instructions will allow you to add a convenience fee for any form, so you can ask donors to cover a convenience fee whenever they use online giving.
Note: a convenience fee can be considered tax-deductible because it increases the size of the donation overall to cover the credit card fee. They are donating more to pay for the fee.
- Click Forms.
- Choose the form you want to edit (for the basic giving form, choose Give Now).
- Click the three buttons to the right of the form.
- Choose Edit Form from the menu.
- Click Form Properties at the bottom left.
- In Form Properties, click Payment1. Check the Convenience Fee box2.
- Once you've enabled the convenience Fee, you will then have the option to enter in the Fee by either Percentage Amount or Flat Dollar Amount, choose whether the fee is required or not, and choose the Convenience Fee fund that your Fees will be assigned to for reporting and deposit purposes.
- When you're done selecting your convenience fee settings, click OK at the bottom of the form properties page.