How to move a member from an existing family into a new family record (Export to New Family) as the Head of Household
If a member needs to be exported from an existing family into their own record and also moved to a new church of registration (your church), see this article.
- In the member record that you want to move....
- Click the Edit Details button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the new window, select Export to New Family.
- You will be asked if you want to use the same address as is in the original family record.
- When you answer this prompt, you will be taken into the new family record. If you answer Yes, the address will be filled in; if you select No, you will be prompted to fill in the new address for this new family.
- From this screen, you may save the record. If you have additional updates, you may select Save & Edit. If you select Until you select one of the three Save buttons, no changes will have been made. Cancel will take you back to the Family List.