How to install Logos on your local machine
Unless you have a backup of your security files, you will not be able to use your old logins after you load the program. Instead, use the username Master and the password you may obtain from your support representative.
Also, do not expect Logos to run on your computer very well or for very long. Since MicroSoft stopped supporting FoxPro, the software has not been updated for the newer environments. Therefore, it will not run without issue.
- Go to the logoscms website and click the Client Login link in the upper right corner.
- Log in using your customer number as both the username and password. If you no longer have a valid customer code, ask support for a temporary code they can give you.
- On the right side of the screen, select the option for Upgrades and Downloads.
- On the Upgrades and Downloads screen, scroll down and select the software you wish to install.
- Depending on your browser, the download message will be different. In Chrome, it looks like the following screenshot. Open the download.
- An additional screen will prompt you asking if you want to make changes to this computer. Answer yes. Then continue through the installation screens.
- Accept the license agreement and then enter the install code given to you by the support representative. Then, click Next.
Once you have completed this process, the software will be loaded onto your machine.
- Restore your data.
- If you are restoring the Accounting Module, Go to Help → About Accounting → Updates, to run the update routine. (This routine will not work without the serial number added when your data is restored. After updating, the program will close, then automatically re-open. (It may take a minute after closing to re-open.) Also, if you get a message that there are no updates available, you may move on. This means you are on the most recent version.