How to enter a deposit
- Click Deposits.
- The deposit information page will open to a new deposit. If you have a deposit displayed and want to enter a new one, click New Deposit in the top left corner.
- Choose the bank account from the Bank Account drop-down list.
The software automatically adds the next sequential Deposit Number and the current Date to their respective fields.
- If different, change the deposit date to the actual date of the deposit.
- Enter a comment that describes the deposit. This comment will print on reports and help
you to identify specific deposits.
- In the first row of the line items, choose an account (usually from the Income, Restricted
Income, or Dedicated Account list).
Note: If your organization uses the GAAP Compliance option, deposits of restricted funds should be posted to the appropriate Restricted Income Account.
- Enter the amount of the deposit.
- If the line item applies to a project, select the name of the project.
- To add more line items to the deposit form, click the More Lines link.
- Once you're done, click Submit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.