How to print mailing labels in Avery 5160 (or other) format
Once you have filtered and exported your Mailing Label report, your first step is to save it in "RTF" format to your computer:
- First, generate the mailing labels you need. For instructions on printing reports, see How to View, Print, and Save Reports.
- When you are on the print preview screen, in the upper right corner, choose RTF from the drop-down, then click the blue disk icon (Save).
- Open the saved report in MS Word. The format, once opened in MS Word, is Avery 5160. If you have a different format label, you will do the following:
- Open the existing document, the one that contains your labels in the Avery 5160 format.
- Press Ctrl+A to select the entire document.
- Choose Mailings → Labels. Word displays the Envelopes and Labels dialog box and your first label should be displayed in the dialog box.
- Click Options. Word displays the Label Options dialog box.
- Using the Label Products drop-down list, choose Avery Standard.
- In the Product Number list, choose 5163 - Shipping, or whatever number your Avery labels are.
- Click OK. Word once again displays the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
- Make sure the Full Page of Same Label radio button is selected.
- Click New Document. Word creates a new label document, using the label type you specified in steps 5 and 6.
At this point you should have two documents—one that is your original (Avery 5160 format) and one that is your new document (Avery 5163 format). The new document contains a full set of labels based on the first label in your original document.
If you need to change the font of these labels, please see this article for instructions.