How to move an adult child who is registered under his family with another parish into yours as head-of-household
- Advise your new member to obtain his contribution statement from the church from which he is transferring.
- Find out the full name of the head-of-household and parish under which this adult child's family is registered.
- Use the 'Add New Family' button to add a copy of this family record into your church's data set. Add the family as un-registered.
- Export the adult child's record from this copy of the family record. It will default to a new family record in which the adult child is a registered, active, head-of-household member.
- All of the sacramental records will follow the member to the new church
- The original church will retain a copy of this member's records with the following attributes:
- This person will no longer be in the original family record but will be the head-of-household in their own family record
- The record will show the member as inactive and non-registered
- All of the religious education records and giving records stay with the first church
- The original record in the former church will continue to keep all of the contribution records for this person. This cannot be transferred for several reasons: 1) these are records of contributions to the former church and 2) the new church does not have the same funds, etc.
- Delete the copy of the un-registered family record.
- As a courtesy, inform the former church of this move.
Thanks for this concise explanation!
@Carolyn Hammond, thank you for the feedback!
Please sign in to leave a comment.