What administrative tasks each ParishCast User Type can do: Admin, Staff, Member
The following User Type definitions will help you determine which of the three User Types is appropriate for each user: Click the following article to learn How to add a new ParishCast User.
Click the link above for whichever User Type you are considering, or simply scroll through the article.
User Type: Admin
User Type: Staff
The User Type of Staff can have permissions and rights for a group if set up the right way. In order to allow a staff member rights to send alerts to a group, follow the steps listed below:
- Perform a search on the users’ page for the staff member needing rights to a specific group.
- Their User Type must be staff.
- They must be a member of the group to have permissions for that group.
- Click the icon labeled Dashboard to the right of the user’s name to see a list of their contact information and just below that, the groups in which they are included. There will be a key icon next to the groups.
- To allow the staff member rights to the group:
- Click the key icon.
- You will then see a screen that allows you to check a box labeled "Send Alert." Click the checkbox then Save.
- The staff member will then be able to:
- Send alerts to that specific group.
- Note: If a staff member has the right to send alerts to a given group when they log in they will be able to view all users within that group.
- However, they will not be able to make changes to the group or to users within that group.
User Type: Member
Members cannot have administrative rights or permissions to any groups.