How to update the batch details (such as count and amount) in an open batch
To learn the recommended process for quality assurance in batch processing, see the article, How to ensure data integrity when posting a batch.
To change any of the fields in an open batch detail record (which includes batches set for review), follow these steps: Note: if this batch is closed, these numbers may not be changed.
- Use one of these options to access the batch details record:
- From the Batches page, search for the batch record, then access the batch details record by selecting the batch name.
- From the Postings page, access the batch details record by clicking the batch details button.
- If the batch count or amount is off, the program will let you know by placing a red x to the right of the field. To the left of the field, it shows the amount and or count of the postings so you know the number it's looking for.
- Click into any field that is not correct and replace the information with the correct number.
- Save the record.