How to record a withdrawal from a checking account
- Go to Ledger & Payables → Journal Entries.
- The cursor will reset in the Comment field where you may add a comment if you wish.
- To record a withdrawal from checking, select the checking account in the grid and use the credit column to record the amount.
- Add a line-item comment if you wish.
- Add a Project if you wish.
- Select an offset account chosen by your bookkeeper, finance committee, or accountant. Add the amount for the offset account in the debit column.
- Click Submit.
The withdrawal will show up in your Bank Reconciliation under Journal Entries.