How to turn on the ability to collect payments from users for Religious Education Classes by adding the Pay Now button
Notes: This option assumes...
- that your organization already has an account set up with a
payment process and forms solution (for example, ParishSOFT Giving) and has created a
payment form to enable users to submit payments online.
- that the link to the payment form is available. You will need to enter the link
to complete this procedure.
- that MOC access to allow online registrations is turned on.
- that if your process includes the student or student's family registering for a class through MOC, that the class has been added to this option.
How to add the Pay Now button to the My Own Church Registration summary page
To enable payments to be collected, an Organization must configure the payments feature, which entails mapping the Pay Now button on the My Own Church Registration summary page to the payment form associated with the organization’s account. Here’s how to enable payments:
- Open the Religious Education module.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Then, select the Manage Payments option.
- In the Link to web form for registration fee payment field, enter the link for your payment form. Note: Once you add a link to this field, it cannot be removed. It can only be replaced.
- Click the Save Settings button.
The system adds the Pay Now button to the Registration summary page and links it to the Form. When users click the button, they are taken to the payment form to complete the transaction. To see the process the registrant will go through, see the article, How to register (and pay) for a class using My Own Church.