How to print a zero dollar check
If you have a normal bill and also a negative bill for the same vendor for the same amount, you can clear these bills by printing a zero dollar check.
- First, you will need to verify the vendor is not set up to Always print a separate check for each bill.
- Find the vendor then click on 1099/checks link and if it's marked, un-check the box, Always print a separate check for each bill.
- When you process the check, on the Create Checks screen, mark both bills to pay.
- On the next screen, review the selections to ensure there is one check with 0.00 for the amount.
- When you get to the print check screen, edit the check number to use an alpha character if you are not printing on your check stock. Adding an alpha character will allow you to use the check stock for a future payment and keep your check numbers in sequence.
Please sign in to leave a comment.