How to update the name and description of your form
If you would like to update the form name and/or description of a form that you have just created from scratch or of an existing form, you may do so in the General Info tab of the Form Properties page.
If you are simply in the process of creating a new form, click the Form Properties option at the bottom of the form. This will bring you directly to the General Info tab of the Form Properties page.
- Click Form Properties at the bottom of the form. Note: until you click the Save Changes button, your form (new or changed) has not been saved.
- This will take you directly to the General Info tab.
How to update the form name
To update the form name, simply click into the field. You may highlight what is there and type the new name, or click into the text and add to it.
How to update the form description
To update the form description, click into the description field. There are some word processing options available just above the text window, such as bolding, underlining, etc. You may want to play around a little with these options as you design your form description.
Once you have completed updating the form name and/or form description, click the OK button at the bottom of the page.
How to design the form name and the form description
- The form name is the first piece of information the user will be presented with, so you may want to make it simple but informational.
- The form description may give the user a heads up as to what they need to fill in and why.
Below are a few examples of form names and descriptions that give the user some important information about the form and its use without going into too much detail.
- This form name gives the exact date of the function as well as the description of what the user is signing up for.
- The form description gives the user a detailed explanation of what is expected at the function.
- This form name gives the specific purpose of the form.
- The form description gives the user information on how they may take the next step in giving explaining they must sign in to make their gift recurring.
Please sign in to leave a comment.