How to add a short text field to your form
A short text field allows you to add a prompt to your form. You may add as many short text fields as you need. Short text fields are often used in conjunction with static text fields. The maximum length of a short text field is 200 characters. If you want a field that is longer than that, use the Long Text field that has a maximum length of 1000 characters.
- Once you are in the form (either new or edit), in the Form Manager, select Short Text from the Basic Fields section at the right and drag it to your form.
- The Field Properties window will display with the General Info tab open. In the Name field, type in the text that will clarify this prompt for the user.
- If you want to make this short text field required and or limit the entry to a specific length, use the validation tab to set these restrictions.
- If you only want this short text to display on your form when certain conditions are met, select the Conditions tab. *Note this is very advanced and only recommended for rigorous form users.
- You may add several conditions
- Under the 'Display field if ____ conditions match,'
- Use 'any' to display the section header even if only one of several conditions is met.
- Use 'all' to display the section header only when all of the conditions are met.
- You must have most of the form set up before you may add conditions because the available conditions are based on how the added fields are filled in by the user.