How to tell if a person has Opted Out (unsubscribed) from texts or emails
The simplest way to tell if a person has opted out of receiving either email or text messages is to access the Opt-Out reports. There is an exception to this, explained below.
Go to ParishCast → Admin Reports → Email Opt Outs - or - SMS Opt Outs
When a person opts out from receiving email
- The email is flagged and put on the Email Opt-Out Report.
- The email address will be removed from the person's record
- The person's record will not be removed.
- The person that opted out will no longer receive emails through ParishCast.
- The email address of a person who has opted out will not be re-added through an import. The import verifies the record has been flagged for opt-out and does not re-add the email address.
What happens when the person wants to opt back in:
- Even when the person wants to opt back in, the email address of a person who has opted out will not be re-added through an import.
- The email address can be manually re-entered and will then receive the email.
- They will stay on the Opt-Out Report even when they have been re-added and are receiving emails.
- If they opt-out again, they will show on the Opt Out Report twice or as many times as they do so.
When a person opts out from receiving text messages:
- Their number and User Name will be put on the SMS Opt Out Report and will no longer receive texts at that number.
- They can text START to the shortcode for your organization to receive future texts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.