How to review a batch
- The batch must be marked for review before it can be closed. If you are ready to review the batch (or if you are trying to find a posting issue) follow the steps below.
- Postings may still be edited in the review phase.
- The review process is intended to allow a second set of eyes to inspect the batch before closing it.
- One tool available for this verification is the Postings List Report. See How to generate a Postings List Report. For contributions, you will also want the physical checks, credit card receipts, and cash on hand. For pledges, you will want the Pledge Cards on hand.
- If any of the fields listed is incorrect, the posting may still be edited, even in the review phase. Only when a batch has been closed will updates be disabled.
- If all of the postings are correct but the batch is out of balance, see the following article to learn how to edit the Batch Details record.
- After the batch has been reviewed, it may be closed.