How to print 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms
New for 2020 there are two 1099 forms for other Vendors: 1099 NEC for non-employee compensation and 1099 MISC. Review IRS Guidelines to determine what type of 1099 the vendor needs.
To navigate to the correct form go to:
Ledger & Payables → Reports → Vendors → 1099 - Misc. or 1099 - NEC
- In the Report Configuration screen, select the Calendar Year for which you would like to print your forms as well as your other pertinent filters.
- Under Form Name, select from the following options: 1099 4-Up Blank Paper or 1099 2-Up Pre-Printed.
- The blank paper option prints the form as well as the data.
- The pre-printed option just prints the data since you are printing it on the form.
Note: There is no blank paper option for 1096 forms. For these, you must use the pre-printed IRS forms. Also, there is no electronic processing of 1096 forms.
Blank Paper Option:
When you choose 1099 4-Up Blank Paper:
- You will get all four necessary forms: Copy 2, Copy B - For Recipient, Copy 1 - For State, and Copy C - For Payer;
- You must print the 4-up blank paper forms once for each Vendor.
- Although you still need to follow our protocol for proper alignment, using the blank paper option eliminates the minuscule alignment issues that may present themselves to certain printers.
Pre-Printed Form Option:
When you choose the 1099 2-Up Pre-Printed option:
- You must use the forms provided by the government and two vendors will print per page.
- Changing forms for each run, you must print the forms four times then sort them according to Vendor and half them before sending them out.
- You must also follow the protocol for proper alignment to ensure the forms line up properly.
- As noted above, there may be a few exceptions and if after following our protocol your forms are not in alignment, most customers have success when using a different printer.
Click the following link for information on (what criteria determine to whom you should send a 1099) Vendor 1099: Reporting Requirements