How to create a public view and provide a link for that view
In order to create a public view for calendar events that may be shared on a website or uploaded to a Google Calendar, you must first create calendar categories (such as private and public). As events are added, they are assigned one of these two categories. Later, a 'View' is added that shows only those items marked as public.
Set up and assign the property of Public or Private to your event
- In Settings → Properties, create a category for Calendar Type.
- Under Calendar Type, create properties for Internal (view) and Public (view).
- As you create your events or later when you edit your events, give them the property of either Internal View or Public View.
Filter your calendar for the property of "Public" then create a view with a link to embed
- Now that you have events that have been assigned the property of "Public," go into your calendar and click the Property button at the bottom.
- Expand the Calendar Type option and select Public.
- At this point, only the events that you have set for public view should be displayed on your calendar. If this is not the case, you may want to refresh your screen.
- Next, add a view.
- First, make sure the calendar view displayed on your screen is the one you want to share. The link you create will be to the very calendar displayed on your screen.
- Click the Views button on the lower-left side of the screen.
- Click Add a View.
- Give this view a name such as Public View link and click Add.
- The Edit View page displays (shown below) and gives you a link to upload to a calendar and a link to embed into a website.
- Mark the option to make it public.
- Copy the links you want. Note, you can always come back to this view and get the lnks later.
- Click Save.
- For more details on embedding code in your website, please see, How to obtain and update the Website Embed Code for different default display formats and how to add a border.
- If you want to bring up the Edit View window later, click the View button, then click the gear icon to the right of the view you want to bring up.