How to set up integration between ParishSOFT Family Suite and ParishSOFT Accounting
Before setting up the integration, you must first turn it on. If you have not yet done so, see How to turn on integration between ParishSOFT Offering and ParishSOFT Accounting (PSA).
- Integrate the databases: To turn on integration between ParishSOFT Family Suite and ParishSOFT Accounting, there are two Administrative settings that must be managed.
- You must turn on the setting to tell the software to create a deposit when an offering batch is closed.
- You must add the PSA ID to the organization so the software knows which two databases to integrate together.
- Contact support to add the Database ID
- Deposit permission: Make sure every staff member who will be closing batches has an account set up in ParishSOFT Accounting that has permission to make deposits.
- The PSFS staff that closes batches in offering in effect creates a deposit batch in accounting.
- To create a deposit batch in accounting, the staff must have the proper permissions in PSA.
- Integration permission: Update the Access Rights in PSFS for each person who will close batches with Accounting Integration/Offering permission.
- Map the funds to the accounting revenue accounts.
- The funds are normally mapped only one time and then each time a deposit is created in PSA, the revenue account that is mapped to the giving fund gets credited for the deposit.
- Each batch must be mapped to the bank account each time the batch is created. When a deposit is created through integration the selected bank account will be debited.