How to use the Export Data button that is at the bottom of some report configuration pages
- For some reports, you will see an Export Data button as one of the options to generate a report.
- The data you get from the Export Data option will depend on how you have populated the Configure Report page. It will have the same data as the Preview Report or View PDF options.
- The Export Data button uses pop-ups. If you have pop-ups blocked, you will have to enable pop-ups for the site the first time you use this feature on each browser.
- This example is from Firefox and shows how to enable pop-ups for the screen.
- Once you have enabled pop-ups, the Excel pop-up will display.
- To open or download the file, click OK.
- If your browser is set to download files, you will find the exported data report in your designated Downloads folder.
- If not, it will open to your screen.
- If you'd prefer to save the file to your designated downloads folder, you may mark the Excel dialogue box for Save file and if you want to automatically save these kinds of files every time, you may mark the checkbox for that.
- Different browsers will display the output in different ways. This also depends on how you have your browser set up.
- In Firefox, the Excel pop-up displays, and when you click OK, the Excel file opens.
- In Chrome, a blank screen may display (as shown below) and then the Excel file will open.
- In all cases, if you want to edit the spreadsheet in any way, you must click the Enable Edit button.
- Once you are done viewing the Excel file you may close it using the x in the upper right corner, or save it to a special folder using the File button.
- In the case of the blank screen being open, when you are done viewing the file, you may close it also, with the 'x.'
|All of the reports under Transactions have the Data Export button except the following:|
|Memorized Transactions||No Data Export Button|
|Cash Distribution by Entity||No Data Export Button|
|Bank Reconciliation Report||No Data Export Button|
|A/P Aging Detail By Period||No Data Export Button|
|Credit Card Reconciliation Report||No Data Export Button|
|Spoiled Check Register||No Data Export Button|
|Only the standard Statement of Activities under Statements has the Data Export button.|
|Statement of Activities (top one listed)||Has Data Export Button|
|Only the Accounts List under Accounts has the Data Export button.|
|Accounts List||Has Data Export Button|
|Only the top two reports under Vendors have the Data Export button.|
|Vendor Audit||Has Data Export Button|
|Basic List||Has Data Export Button|
|No reports under Budget History have the Data Export button.|
|No reports under Analytic Reports have the Data Export button.|