How to optimize batch posting when the amount is pre-filled from the prior entry
- After the first entry, with each subsequent entry, the amount value from the prior entry will pre-fill the Amount field.
This feature may be optimized in two ways when used in conjunction with the <Enter> key (most optimal) or the <Tab> key to progress from field to field:
- If you sort your postings by amount before you begin to enter them, you will be able to <Enter> or <Tab> through the field without having to enter the amount for several in a row until the amount changes.
- When you use the <Enter> or the <Tab> key to move from field to field, when the cursor lands in the Amount field, the value there will be highlighted (selected).
- Because the value is selected, if you need to change the value, you do not need to backspace or clear out the value.
- Instead, simply type in the new value. This will automatically replace the highlighted amount with the new one.
- If the amount has not changed, you may simply <Enter> or <Tab> through the field.
If you do not use the <Enter> or <Tab> key to move to the next field as recommended, but instead you click into the Amount field, simply click-in and swipe the value before releasing the mouse key. This will select the value so when you type in the new value it will be over-written.