How to create a prenote file to send to your organization's bank
If you have not already done so, you must do the preparatory work before proceeding with the next steps. See How to turn on and set up the vendor direct deposit feature.
- Go to Ledger and Payables → Setup.
- Select Prenote Vendors.
- As shown in the image below, in the Bank Account dropdown list, select the ACH bank account (1) used for vendor direct deposit.
- Select the vendors to prenote (2).
- Click Create File to generate an ACH file (3).
- In the print window, click the save button (4), then click Done (5) to exit the print window.
- Follow your bank's instructions for uploading the prenote file.
- The prenote process takes several days. The bank will notify you if the prenote is successfully authorized or not.
- For tracking purposes, we recommend that you record the date the prenote was authorized into each vendor's record.
How to pay a vendor through direct deposit