How to print the saved PDF to the printer without cutting off any text using Adobe Reader DC
Your PDF software can often be set to ensure the calendar gets printed to the page fully. We recommend using Adobe Reader DC as your default PDF software.
- If your PDF file automatically opens in your browser's PDF viewer, you may want to save the file to your local drive and then open it in Adobe Reader to print it.
- You may set Adobe Reader as your automatic PDF viewer.
- When viewing your document in Adobe Reader DC, select the Print button at the top of the page (it looks like a printer).
- Select the option for Fit or Fit to page.
- Selecting this option will change the file to fit the paper you have selected as the output source and work within the margins for which your printer is set.
- If the file is too small for the paper, the 'Fit' setting will enlarge it to expand to the dimensions of your paper size.
- If the file is too large for the paper, the 'Fit' setting will shrink the file. Keep in mind the software works with the default margin settings on your printer.
- Sometimes your printer's settings are not compatible with the PDF software's settings and changing the Page Sizing & Handling options will not produce the effect you would like. In that case, you may want to try a different printer. Before changing printers, you may want to check the following:
- Make sure your printer driver software is up-to-date.
- Check to see if you can update the automatic margin settings on your printer. If the full calendar can print on a page that requires a narrow margin and your printer automatically uses a larger margin, some information around the edges of the page may be cut off or the font size of the output may be too small for your requirements. Note: You must contact support for your printer to learn how to do this as ParishSOFT Support does not have this knowledge.
Adobe Reader is a free PDF viewer. If you don't have the software, you may want to ask your IT specialist to download it for you onto your computer. In any case, the free download is available here. Make sure to uncheck the boxes for any other downloads so Adobe is the only software you get.
Once you install adobe, you may always open your saved PDF file and print it using the Adobe Reader software. In some cases, you may be able to make Adobe Reader the default PDF file in which your PDF files always open.
To set Adobe Reader DC up as the default PDF viewer in most browsers, follow the instructions below. To see if your browser has special instructions, click here:
- Right-click on any PDF file you have saved.
- Click Open with
- Select Adobe Reader DC.
Please sign in to leave a comment.