Why am I not able to see giving history?
The following items may affect what you may or may not see on a family's giving history page:
NOTE: you will only see transactions for which you have fund permissions.
Have you or your staff been set up with the proper access rights and fund permissions?
- Only staff that has view offering and giving history access rights marked will be able to see any giving history. See How to assign access rights to staff.
- Staff will only see giving that meets the criteria listed below and for which they have fund permissions.
- See How to set up staff with fund permissions.
- If you are still using Legacy Offering, see How to assign fund permissions to my staff.
Are the contributions you expect to find on the Giving History page in a closed batch? or were they entered directly on the Contributions page? (if so, skip these bullets)
- Only posted contributions that are in a closed batch or that were posted directly on the contributions page will be present on the giving history page.
- See How to close a batch
- If you are still using Legacy Offering, see How to close a batch (Legacy)
Double-check the tax-deductible status of the fund
- If you have the tax-deductible check-box marked, only contributions posted to a tax-deductible fund will display. Try un-marking this option.
- If the posting now displays but you are certain this posting should be to a tax-deductible fund, you must edit the fund and update the option.
- If you are still using Legacy Offering, see How to edit a fund.
Double-check to see if the posting was made to the family record or to the member record
- Only contributions posted to the family record will display unless the option to include member information is marked. Try marking this option.
- If the posting now displays but you are certain this posting belongs to the family, you may need to create a correcting entry through a correction batch.
Double-check the posting date
- The posting date must fall within the selected year on the giving history page. If you know you selected the correct year on this page and all of the above criteria is met, go to the Contributions page and double-check the posting date.
- If you discover the posting date was incorrect, you may update it through a correction batch.
Set the filters to the broadest options available
- Double-check all of the other filters on the giving history page, selecting all funds and all years to see if the posting displays.
Administration → Manage Staff
Tax Deductible | Include Member Information | Funds Filter | Years Filter
Still cant see history from family page. All "helpful hints" (NEVER helpful on any of your training) have been review, and still not giving history on a family that has given every month this year.
@Mary, thank you for your feedback. I will try to make the "need fund permissions" information more obvious. I saw your ticket and that this issue was resolved when you obtained the proper permissions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.