How to find missing contributions from statements
Did a family or member contact you stating a contribution is not displayed on their statement, or is the total incorrect on their tax receipt? Or are you receiving a "No data available for the parameters you requested" message when trying to generate a statement or tax receipt?
Contribution data could be missing for assorted reasons, such as the contribution was:
- Posted to the incorrect year/date
- Posted to the incorrect fund
- Mistakenly posted to the wrong family or member record
- Marked as non-tax-deductive when it should be marked as tax-deductible
- Contribution is in an Open or In Review Batch
- Posted as the wrong payment type or the payment type is not selected in Report Filters
- Recorded to the Member record, not the Family record
- Posted to a fund where staff member generating statements does not have access
- To a payment type not selected for Donor Reports
Start with searching for the contribution(s) using one of the following:
- Contributions List: How to search for a contribution or for a group of contributions
Batch List: How to search for a batch
- Giving History: How to view family and member giving history
Once you have found the contribution, please use these articles to help you get the contribution on the statement or tax receipt:
- Do you need to correct the contribution?
- Do you need to close the batch the contribution is in?
- How to close a batch
- If you have trouble closing batches, see Why can't I close my batch? or Why can't I close a batch that has been flagged for Review?
- Is the contribution payment type selected for Donor reports?
- Do staff members have access to the fund?
- Is the contribution on the member record, not the family record?