How to record an electronic payment (EFT) or a hand written check that paid multiple bills
- Verify that the vendor is set up to pay multiple bills with one check.
- You may need to mark the box to print one check when there are more than 10 bill items
- To record multiple bills paid with one electronic payment you will need to process the payment thru the check printing process.
- On the first screen of the check printing process choose the bank account and check date. Note: On the third screen (the Print Checks screen), you will change the check number.
- Select all the bills associated with the electronic payment.
- Select print checks.
- Review the create checks screen to ensure the payment matches the electronic payment.
- Select Create Checks.
- On the print checks screen edit the check number to include an alpha character.
- For EFT transactions use EFT### where ### is the EFT transaction number or EFTyyyy/mm/dd (EFT with year, month, and day).
- Click Print Selected.
- Close the PDF, mark that the checks printed correctly, and click submit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.