How to email individuals or groups
When you initiate an email from within SEP, it will open the default email client on your computer, and put the recipient email address or addresses into the To field. If you haven't already done so, you may want to set up the default email program to use with the Safe Environment Program. For instructions on how, please see How to set up the default email client used by the Safe Environment Program to send emails.
Using the select feature on the individual page will have no effect on which email addresses will populate the To field of the email. Instead, you must use the filter option to narrow your selection or clear the filter to send an email to all individuals who have an email address on file.
Note: In Card View, an envelope icon in the top right corner of the card will be present when an email address is on file for the individual.
How to email individuals
Edit Detail Option
- Click the Edit Detail button for the individual. In Card View, the edit button is on the lower left of the card. In grid view, it is to the left of the record as shown in the image above.
- After ensuring the email address is populated, click the Email button at the top of the page.
- When looking at the records in Card View, there will be an envelope in the top-right corner of any card where the individual has an email address on file.
- The Email button will be grayed out if there is no email address on file for the individual.
- The default email client will open a new email with the email address populated in the To field and the user's email address populated in the From field.
Search Term Option
- In the search bar, enter information that pertains to only the individual to whom you'd like to send an email.
- After ensuring the page lists only the individual you want to email, click the email button. Note: If the email button is grayed out, this indicates there is no email address on file for this individual.
- The default email client will open with both the from and to fields populated.
- If there are email addresses listed in the To field that you do not want to include in this email, simply delete them.
How to email groups
- All individuals that meet the current filter and search criteria and that have an email address will be included in the To field of the email.
- Depending on the group email you want to send, you may filter on anything from the various filter categories. For example, you could email all individuals that hold the same position title in one or more organizations or you could email all individuals that have yet to submit a drug test.
- If no filter and no search criteria are used, all individuals with an email address included in their record will be included.
- On the Individuals page, filter the records according to your purpose.
- Click the email button. All of the individuals that meet the filter criteria and that have an email address populated in their records will populate the To field on the email.
- Compose your email and send it.