How to limit the information people with Facility Calendar accounts may access using properties and views
Only people with Admin Permissions may see the whole calendar without restriction.
When you create a view, you may limit certain logins to only see that view. For example:
- If you add a Property called Youth Events under the Property Category, Ministries
- And, when you create or edit an event, you mark all events that are Youth Events with this property
- See How to schedule an event (non-recurring or recurring) #4, 4th bullet
- And then, you create and save a view of all the events that have been marked with the property "Youth Events"
- You may then create a permissions group called Youth and mark the view under that permissions group called Youth Events.
- See How to add permission roles and assign them to users
- This will be the only view people with the permission called Youth will see unless additional views are marked under this permission group.
This is only an example of how you may limit the view of the calendar. The possibilities are endless.
You may give staff access to one view or to multiple views under permissions.
You may also benefit from reading:
- What information shows up in public views and what information can be seen with an account
- How to create a public view and provide a link for that view